Post: Teacher of Science
Post details: Permanent, full-time contract
Salary Scale: AAT Teachers’ Main or Upper Pay Scale (spinal point dependent on experience)
Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: mainstream (primary and secondary) and special. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances of all our pupils. All our Academies have high expectations as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting colleagues in developing their careers further and offer excellent CPD opportunities.
We currently have the following vacancy at Wey Valley Academy, Weymouth, Dorset:
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to take rapid and sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join an academy in Weymouth within Ambitions Academies Trust. Dynamic, forward thinking and absolutely committed to changing the lives of all young people, we are seeking new colleagues who will share our inclusive and positive ethos as our pupil numbers continue to rise.
Who are we looking for?
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Has excellent subject knowledge
- Is well organised and motivated to support pupils of all abilities and needs.
Our mantra, ‘High Expectations lead to High Achievers’ applies to everyone who is involved in the academy, whatever their role and we place a strong emphasis on staff well-being.
What can we offer?
- Directed time that is below 1265.
- Meetings for subject teachers only twice each half term.
- Three days a year ‘off timetable’ provided in the summer term for subject teachers who mark for exam boards.
- Collaborative planning across the Trust with departments in different academies able to share resources and moderation linked by Microsoft Teams.
- Reporting to parents only three times a year and no requirement for written comments. No formally graded lesson observations – the emphasis is on coaching and sharing practice.
- A lesson visit schedule that is published one year in advance.
- A performance management process that is focused on three targets only: Subject knowledge, teaching and learning and either a departmental or whole school responsibility target regardless of your level of responsibility.
- Very flexible child-care arrangements – we are a very family friendly academy and really do understand how hard it can be juggling family life and work at times.
- Very visible and approachable senior leadership team.
- Real opportunities for career progression – our culture is very much to ‘promote from within’.
We are a truly comprehensive school located in the heart of our community. There are high levels of respect, support and kindness across our staff team and senior leadership.
Applications are welcomed from candidates with all levels of experience, including NQTs. The school offers an excellent professional development programme.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th June 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 28th June 2021
Start Date: 1st November 2021
For an application form please contact Jenna Stone, 01305 817000 [email protected] or visit our website https://www.ambitions-academies.co.uk/vacancies-2/
Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.