Mandy is the finance manager for the following sites within our Special Academies and Satellites:
- Tregonwell Academy
- Iford Academy
- Nigel Bowes Academy
- Throop Learning Centre
Mandy started her career training to be an Accounting Technician with the local authority before moving on to Education Finance and then as a Business Manager in a high school.
Finance Managers role covers
- Ensuring that the full Finance function runs smoothly in the academies. To manage all the day to day financial income and expenditure transactions in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation, ESFA Handbook and AAT Financial Handbook.
- Facilitate the preparation of the budget, on a three-year cycle plan for submission to the Deputy Finance Director.
- Prepare monthly payroll. Advise the Deputy Finance Director on financial aspects of staffing and budget variations.
- Ensure that all school staff receive appropriate training and support in respect of finance.
- To be the point of contact with central and other agencies with regard to grant applications, gifts and other donations.