Post: Family Liaison Officer
Post Details: Permanent, 37 Hours Per week, Term Time + 2 weeks at times to be agreed (41 weeks total)
Salary Scale: AAT Grade 6 SCP 16-22
Full-Time Equivalent Salary: £23,369-£26,317
Oak Academy is seeking to recruit a full time Family Liaison Officer (FLO) to improve the life outcomes and opportunities for our students and their families. The main purpose of this post is to improve students’ attendance at school and their engagement with education. The post will also provide support to our Inclusion team at specified times during the week.
We require a passionate and committed colleague who has a willingness to:
- provide and continually develop support interventions and activities
- foster and sustain collaborative links with relevant agencies, practitioners and the academy community
- work together with the pastoral team to monitor and develop the attendance policy and process and increase attendance for students at the academy
- be a designated behaviour lead, providing support to students at risk of exclusion
- manage statutory returns to the Local Authority and Governing Body
- be trained and act as a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead.
The role will have a travel requirement and an enhanced DBS is necessary which will include clearance for visiting families in their homes.
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification for more information.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website: www.oak-academy.co.uk
Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV.
Please ensure you provide a complete history of your employment to date and ensure you include two referees, one of which must be from the Headteacher/ Principal/ Lead of your current employment and one from an alternative employer or educational lead.
For an informal discussion, or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Richard Burgas, Principal, email@example.com
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 27th January 2020
Interview Date: Week beginning 27th January 2020, to be confirmed
Start Date: February 2020