Post: Science Teacher
Post Details: Permanent, full time contract with a start date of September 2021
Salary Scale: AAT Main or Upper Scale, depending on skills and experience
Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: mainstream (primary and secondary) and special. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances of all our pupils. All our Academies have high expectations as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting colleagues in developing their careers further and offer excellent CPD opportunities.
We currently have the following vacancy at St Aldhelm’s Academy, Herbert Avenue, Poole, BH12 4HS
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to take rapid and sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join St Aldhelm’s Academy within Ambitions Academies Trust. Dynamic, forward thinking and absolutely committed to changing the lives of all young people, we are seeking a new colleague who will share our inclusive and positive ethos.
What can we offer?
- An opportunity to live and work in the beautiful county of Dorset with excellent links to travel across and enjoy the beaches and countryside of the West Country.
- A thriving school community with extensive facilities
- A creative and innovative culture keen to explore new ways of working to meet fresh challenges and exploit opportunities.
- The benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi-academy trust, including opportunities to work with teachers in other Ambitions academies.
- A Trust wide strategy to support mental health and well-being with a ‘champion in every academy.
- Excellent personal career development – our culture is to promote from within the Trust as much as possible.
- Tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- A Microsoft training package.
- A bespoke online safeguarding package
We are a truly comprehensive school located in the heart of our community. There are high levels of respect, support and kindness across our staff team and senior leadership.
Teachers at St Aldhelm’s Academy are expected to be excellent classroom practitioners with strong subject knowledge and a high level of emotional intelligence. He/she will have strong communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with pupils, parents and staff whilst also being able to:
- Demonstrate professionalism consistent with the Trust’s values: aspirational, collaborative, inclusive, innovative and responsible
- Contribute to extra-curricular provision offered by the department.
- Develop the use of technology to enhance the learning opportunities for pupils.
Our mantra, ‘High Expectations lead to High Achievers’ applies to everyone who is involved in the academy, whatever their role and we place a strong emphasis on staff well-being.
This role will provide excellent preparation for Curriculum or Pastoral leadership within the next few years.
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd April 2021 at 09.00am
Interviews will take place: TBC
Start Date: September 2021
For an application form, please contact Melanie Vass, Admin Lead, on tel: 01202 305168 or email: [email protected]
Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.