Post: Health and Wellbeing Lead
Post Details: 1 Year Fixed Term, Part-time 35 hours per week, 39 working weeks. Start Date: 1.5.2021
Salary Scale: AAT Grade 6, Point 16-22 per annum, Pro-rata Salary: £19,280-£21,712 Full-Time Equivalent Salary: £24,012-£27,041
Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: Mainstream (Primary and Secondary) and Specialist. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances for all our pupils. Our Academies have “High Expectations” as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting career development and offer excellent CPD opportunities.
We currently have the following vacancies at Longspee Academy.
Longspee Academy is an Outstanding Specialist Provision and we are seeking to employ an enthusiastic, skilled and experienced Health & Wellbeing Lead to support vulnerable learners.
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach, knowledge and experience of working with children KS1-3 who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties and autism.
The post requires someone who is highly resilient, flexible, able to work well as a member of a successful team and someone who has highly developed interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour. In addition, they will be highly organised and have excellent communication skills.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate and ambitious with a drive and commitment to improve the life chances of our young people. You will have a dynamic, exceptional and creative approach to improving the teaching and learning in a way that benefits all children.
The role will involve the implementation of lessons that ensure progress for pupils in their health and wellbeing, this will include development of sport and PE in our diverse and well-resourced specialist provision. This is a teaching and coaching post that does not require the postholder to have qualified teacher status.
It is the intention of Ambitions Academies Trust to use its resources flexibly to meet the needs of pupils. All staff are therefore allocated to a place of work, however, Ambitions Academies Trust reserves the right to require staff to support the needs of our pupils throughout the Academy as appropriate. This may involve re-location. This is not anticipated to be frequent or indeed regular but you should be aware of this requirement.
As a Health and Wellbeing Leader at Longspee Academy you will:
- Support students in their personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Deliver lessons to full classes
- Support students to develop resilience and character
- Design and develop resources
- Assess student work
- Engage with Professional Development and mentor support
- Support the day to day life of a vibrant, innovative and high performing academy
- Develop healthy, active lifestyles and motivate pupils to increase participation in school sport
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Be committed and prepared to meet the complex needs of our young people
- Be able to work successfully with a range of agencies beyond the school and represent our organisation in a professional manner
- Develop and enhance the PE curriculum across the school
- Co-ordinate and support the running of the school sports’ teams
- Be an active member in local PE networks
- Develop links to community sports’ providers and local sport clubs
Application is by Application Form to Longspee Academy, outlining experience and skills relevant to the post. For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Gavin O’Connell, Principal.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 22nd April 2021 at 09.00am
Interviews will take place: w/c 26th April 2021 (virtual or face to face as advice dictates)
Start Date: 1st May 2021
Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.