Post: Head of Vocational Education
Salary Scale: AAT Teachers’ Main or Upper Pay Scale plus TLR1 Middle Scale
Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: mainstream (primary and secondary) and special. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances of all our pupils. All our Academies have high expectations as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting colleagues in developing their careers further and offer excellent CPD opportunities.
We currently have the following vacancy at Wey Valley Academy, Dorchester Road, Weymouth, DT3 5AN.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an academy in Weymouth within Ambitions Academies Trust. Dynamic, forward thinking and absolutely committed to changing the lives of all young people, we are seeking new colleagues who will share our inclusive and positive ethos as our pupil numbers continue to rise.
We wish to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and highly organised individual to take on the overall leadership, internal verification and Quality Assurance of the school’s vocational courses. These currently include BTECs in Business, Travel & Tourism, Health and Social Care, Performing Arts, Engineering and PE, but we are keen to explore further possibilities. A background in teaching vocational courses, and experience of the associated administrative processes, would be beneficial, but not essential.
Applications are welcome from candidates who can teach any of the following subjects Geography, Design and Technology, Science or Maths. The role will encompass the management of all aspects of the various vocational curricula and resources, as well as monitoring the quality and consistency of provision. A commitment to raising standards and forming positive relationships with students is essential, along with an attention to detail and an ability to communicate suitably with colleagues at all levels.
A successful candidate taking on this position would join a creative and supportive Middle Leadership Group, which plays a key role in driving improvement at the school. We are therefore seeking resourceful, motivated applicants, with a track record of outstanding classroom practice and evidence of effective leadership.
We are a truly comprehensive school located in the heart of our community. There are high levels of respect, support and kindness across our staff team and senior leadership.
What can we offer:
- A visible and supportive SLT
- An opportunity to live and work in the beautiful county of Dorset with excellent links to travel across and enjoy the beaches and countryside of the West Country.
- A thriving school community with extensive facilities.
- A creative and innovative culture keen to explore new ways of working to meet fresh challenges and exploit opportunities.
- A Trust wide strategy to support mental health and well-being with a ‘champion in every academy.
- The benefits of working in a highly collaborative multi-academy trust including opportunities to work with leaders in other Ambitions academies.
- Excellent personal career development – our culture is to promote from within the Trust as much as possible.
- Access to a Microsoft training package to enhance software expertise to support the outcomes of the academy and trust
The school offers an excellent professional development programme.
Our mantra, ‘High Expectations lead to High Achievers’ applies to everyone who is involved in the academy, whatever their role and we place a strong emphasis on staff well-being.
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th February 2021
Interviews will take place: w/c Monday 8th March 2021
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.