Post: Alternative Provision Manager
Post Details: Permanent
Salary Scale: Full time Equivalent Salary £24,012-£27,041 AAT Grade 6 SCP 16-22 to be paid pro-rata for 37 Hours Per week, Term Time only
Ambitions Academies Trust (AAT) comprises schools from all sectors: mainstream (primary and secondary) and special. AAT secures outstanding achievement and improved life chances of all our pupils. All our Academies have high expectations as the focus of their work. We are strongly committed to supporting colleagues in developing their careers further and offer excellent CPD opportunities.
We currently have the following vacancy at Oak Academy, Bournemouth BH11 9JJ.
Are you looking for your next challenge? Are you dynamic, forward thinking and absolutely committed to changing the lives of all young people? If so, we are seeking a new colleague who will share our inclusive and positive ethos.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Oak Academy within Ambitions Academies Trust.
The role of the Alternative Provision Manager is to support the learning process for pupils that have been identified by the Vice Principal and Heads of Year. Primarily this includes working with individuals and/or small groups to support the learning behaviours required for lessons within the academy, to ensure over time a positive and successful reintegration into the curriculum lessons with clear levels of success provided.
We require a passionate and committed colleague who has a willingness to:
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of pupils in your care or that you come into contact with, in accordance with the Trust Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
- Embed a ‘school within a school’ ethos which provides support for pupils as part of the overall levels of intervention.
- To support students who are at risk of exclusion because of their behavior.
- To work with teachers and senior leaders to provide effective behavior support across the academy.
- To set targets to improve behavior for learning for individual pupils.
- To track and analyse the progress of pupils within alternative curriculum and use this to ensure effective interventions are undertaken.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th October 2021
Interviews will take place w/c Monday 1st November 2021
Start Date: as soon as possible
For more information please contact [email protected]
Visit our website: https://www.oak-academy.co.uk/
Please send your completed application form to Karen Galton, Admin Lead, [email protected]
Please note we DO NOT accept application by CV.
Please ensure you provide a complete history of your employment to date and ensure you include two referees, one of which must be the Headteacher/Principal/Lead of your current employment and one from an alternative employer or educational lead.
For an informal discussion, or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Richard Burgas, Principal [email protected]
Ambitions Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.