Manorside Academy, formerly Manorside Primary School, joined the Ambitions Academies Trust in April 2015. The academy provides education to mainstream primary pupils aged from 4-11 years from the local area of Parkstone and Alderney.
At the centre of the work at MA they believe that every day lessons are both challenging and exciting for learners. They value each child as a unique individual and have an excellent team around the children, which supports them to achieve their very best.
MA believe that it is vitally important that there is a strong relationship between parents and school and value the support which parents provide. By working together can help the children to become the successful and confident learners they can be.
The objectives of MA are:
- To create a happy, organized, well-disciplined school with an atmosphere conducive to learning.
- To encourage children to play a full part in their school and wider community by developing an understanding of cultural and racial diversity.
- To promote good relationships amongst all members of the school community.
- To raise children’s expectations of their own performance.
- To help children appreciate the achievements and aspirations of others.
- To celebrate the individuality of each child and to provide equal opportunities for them to learn and develop.
- To teach children to use language, mathematics and science confidently and effectively.
- To help children develop enquiring minds, strategies to question and debate rationally and the ability to tackle problems in all areas of the school curriculum.
- To help children acquire the knowledge, skills and concepts to develop independent learning.
- To develop in children a respect for religious and moral values and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
MA believe that exciting, engaging lessons, adapted individually to each child’s needs are the best way to ensure every child succeeds.
Reading, Writing and Maths are taught daily in the school, ensuring that all children develop the key skills they will need. These skills are then used in other subjects, giving children opportunities to refine, practise and apply their knowledge. All teachers tailor their lessons carefully to ensure that every child can access the curriculum – whatever their ability – in order to succeed.
The curriculum will enable each child to not only enjoy their education but also to make progress and achieve.
Manorside Academy is led by Mrs Sarah Rempel, Associate Principal and Mrs Alexandra Prout, Director of Primary Education.